Lawful Use Establishment and Permitted Development

Lawful Use Establishment, SM Planning

Lawful Use and Permitted Development

Certain types of project don’t require planning permission as they qualify under what is referred to as “permitted development”. Permitted development rights cover a wide range of works including building operations, extensions, demolition and certain changes of use and can apply to both residential and non-residential properties.

Certificate of Lawfulness applications argue that a use is lawful, they are not concerned with planning policy but instead the wording of the relevant legislative Acts, General Permitted Development Order and case law judgements.

SM Planning can provide clear guidance as to what permitted development rights may apply and manage the formal process of obtaining an appropriate certificate.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt